The apostolate of the society is to assist in parish ministries by performing the Corporal Works of Mercy: to feed the hungry, to clothe the naked, give drink to the thirsty, shelter to the homeless, tend the sick, visit those in prison, and bury the dead; as well as the Spiritual Works of Mercy: to convert sinners, instruct the ignorant, counsel the wayward, comfort the sorrowing, bear adversity patiently, forgive offenses, and pray for the living and the dead
Mission of St. Titus HNS
· Promote devotion to and respect for the most Holy Names of God and Jesus.
· Encourages frequent reception of the Sacraments of Confession and Holy Eucharist.
· Promotes daily Mass attendance, prayer and spiritual reading.
· Participates in Eucharistic Adoration.
· Promotes memorial masses.
· Participates and sponsors Eucharistic and Marian Processions and Vigils.
· Sponsors, coordinates and participates in spiritual conferences, weekend retreats and days of recollection.
· Hold prayer vigils for the canonization of Blessed John of Vercelli.
St.Titus Holy Name Society recites the Rosary, before Mass, every second Sunday of the month, starting at 8:20 AM
· Visits the sick and the dying.
· Helps the aged and handicapped.
· Provides financial support for Seminarians and Catholic Education Students.
· Sponsors converts to the Catholic Faith (RCIA).
· Fights against Pornography.
· Supports Catholic School Education.
· Encourages Stewardship during parish and diocesan fund raising drives.
· Fights for the respect and dignity of Human Life
· Responds to requests from the Archbishop/Bishop.
· Serves on Parish Councils and as Parish Trustees.
· Coordinates and supports Parish Youth Activities.
· Cooperates with Holy Name Society initiatives at the Parish, Deanery, Diocesan and National Level
· Holds Parish Communion Breakfasts.
· Coordinates and works at Parish Festivals and Fundraisers.
· Sponsors Parish Social Events.
St. Titus HNS meets every second Sunday of the month after the 9:00 a.m Mass in Titan Hall.
Fred Isabella, President
E-mail: email@example.com Phone: 724-375-8551
For a copy of our monthly newsletter, please Click here